We all know we should be active for at least 30 minutes a day, but fitting in physical activity can be tricky when we’re living busy lives, juggling work commitments or caring for our families. You may even wonder: Is it really that important? The answer is yes!
If you need motivation to set aside the time, we’re providing five ways that working up a sweat will benefit your life and improve your well-being. You won’t look back, trust us!
- You’ll feel better emotionally. You’re too busy and stressed to exercise, so you don’t – and then you feel even worse as a result. And so the cycle continues. But for the time-strapped among us, there’s always something you can do – whether it’s a 15-minute interval training session at home or a brisk walk around the park. Experts agree that even a short burst of exercise can have a positive effect on your mental health, helping you deal with stress, anxiety and even depression.
- It promotes togetherness. Exercise doesn’t have to mean a solitary jog around the block or a fitness DVD in the living room. It can be a bike ride or a game of softball with friends or family members. Regular physical activity with people who love and support you not only improves your health but increases everyone’s self-confidence, too.
- You’ll take pleasure in reaching your goals. It doesn’t matter what your target is – whether it’s logging more steps on your pedometer than you did yesterday or running for five minutes without feeling winded, you’ll begin to notice your fitness improving and enjoy setting bigger and better goals.
- Treats won’t be a big deal. When you’re active for at least 30 minutes a day, you reduce your risk of major illnesses such as heart disease, stroke and cancer by up to 50 percent, as well as boost your mood, sleep quality and energy levels. As if that weren’t enough, regular exercise helps you stay in shape, meaning that you can treat yourself to the occasional dessert. Bring on that cookie!
- It makes you more confident. The more you move your body, the better in touch you are with it. As you achieve your goals and set new ones, you’ll feel a sense of pride in your body’s capabilities and strength. Plus, your clothes will fit better, and you may even notice that you’ve dropped a size or two. How’s that for a boost in confidence?
If you feel inspired, maintain your motivation by treating yourself to some new workout clothes. Then keep them clean and fresh by washing them in Tide PODS Plus Febreze Sport Odor Defense and tossing a Bounce dryer sheet into the dry cycle.
How do you fit exercise into your daily routine? Comment below with your best fitness tips !