Did you know that…
- In Canada, 45% of men and 43% women have unhealthy cholesterol levels?1
- Metamucil is made with 100% natural source psyllium fibre?
- The psyllium fibre found in Metamucil Powders and Capsules Plus Calcium help lower cholesterol?
It’s true! Metamucil Powders and Capsules Plus calcium are proven to lower mildly to moderately elevated levels of cholesterol in adults when taken with a low-fat diet. For added benefit, Metamucil Capsules Plus Calcium are also a convenient way to help maintain strong bones and teeth. Ask your doctor if you should add Metamucil to your diet2.
According to the Heart and Stroke Foundation, cholesterol is a fat-like material that is found in your blood. There are two main types of cholesterol:
1. Low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, which is often called bad cholesterol because high levels of it in your blood promotes the build-up of plaque in the artery walls of your heart.
2. High-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol, which is often called good cholesterol because it helps carry LDL cholesterol away from the artery walls.
Metamucil Cholesterol Lowering Dosing Instructions
To lower your cholesterol with Metamucil, follow the dosing instructions below:
Is it OK to use Metamucil every day?
Metamucil can be taken every day as a dietary fibre supplement.
1 HealthyOntario.com (February 2008)
2 Be sure it’s right for you. Always read and follow the label. For more information, call 1-800-983-4237.
3 For example, for Metamucil Berry Burst, one would take 3 level teaspoons, in 1 glass of water, 3 times per day.