Escape the Norm with a Unique Outdoor Tablescape
Decorating is always in the details, from tablescapes to tiny touches.
How does it sound to escape from the humdrum of everyday life? Pretty great, right?
We think your guests will agree. So when you’re planning your next celebration or soiree, keep your eye on escape from the norm.
Whether you’re celebrating your mother, a birthday, shower or another occasion, setting the table to reflect another place or state of mind is just the thing to help your guests relax and enjoy themselves.
Bring the celebration to life with thoughtful settings, customized centrepieces and themes. From quick and easy to tiny touches, decorating is always in the details.
Ideas to Jumpstart Your Décor:
- Patterned plates or napkins
- Bright-coloured or more subtle placemats
- Potted plants for centrepieces
- Personalized tags for eating utensils
- Floral arrangements with hydrangeas or peonies
Flowers and Colour
If you want to create a cohesive look that’s surprisingly simple, choose a colour palette that reflects your special guest of honour – and run with it!
For example, if she’s into pinks, think pink – in all shades! Mixing and matching is a huge part of the fun.
• Pretty in Pink: Serve fizzy pink lemonade in tall glasses. Pink-striped crazy straws are a fun touch, too. Create bright floral centrepieces with pink peonies. You can even use a potted version of this perennial favourite so she can enjoy the blooms in her yard every year.
• Sunny Sunflowers: Nothing says “cheerful” like a bouquet of sunflowers. Use this inspirational flower as the primary theme for your next warm-weather outdoor gathering, and run wild with shades of yellow and pale green or black.
Customize Your Themed Tablescape
There are so many party themes and ways of bringing a theme to life. From a circus theme to an earthy, natural theme, choose table touches that aren’t too time intensive, but will deliver on a consistent and interesting party plan.
• Circus: Cut out photos of your family members so you can put each person’s head on a printout image of a circus character. Who’s the “lion tamer” in your family?
• Carnival: Think of carnival snacks as your new brunch favourites – mini-funnel cakes, flavoured popcorn, foods on sticks and yummy sundaes.
• Earthy: Add a natural element to each place setting with a leaf or piece of greenery. Try tying with twine for an added effect.
Glitter and Gold
Create a table fit for royalty (at a fraction of the budget).
• Buy metallic paper plates and cups, or use a solid colour to coordinate with some glittered décor!
• Make glitter vases or glasses, and sprinkle confetti on a gold-flecked tablecloth.
Tip: If you want to expand décor beyond the tablescape itself, you can have just as much fun outfitting your chairs!
What’s your go-to table décor idea? Share in the comments below.