Fall Décor for the Outdoors
Greet your holiday guests with these warm and welcoming outdoor designs.
As the weather cools and you spend more time outdoors, it’s nice to add a little décor to your outdoor space. Here are some simple crafts and decorations you can add outside.
With just a few materials, you can make a simple centrepiece for your patio furniture.
Glass vases or Mason jars
- Fill each of the vases or Mason jars with the dried corn, acorns and leaves, respectively, about a third of the way to the top
- Add an LED candle into the middle of each jar, pushing it down until secure
- Simply pull the candle out and turn it on when you’re out for a nice relaxing evening
Elegant Fall Luminaries
Add warm lighting with lanterns, white and orange string lights or our unique seasonal luminaries.
Tall glass hurricanes or vases with wide openings
Small gourds or pumpkins
Floating candles in autumn colours
- Fill the bottom of the hurricanes or vases with decorative stones and small gourds or pumpkins
- Fill with water
- Add a floating candle at the top of each luminary in autumn colours like deep reds, oranges or browns
- Place on your front steps or porch and light just before guests arrive
Luminaries can also be used as elegant centrepiece accents indoors. Remember not to leave candles unattended for extended periods of time!
Festive Fall Arrangement
Create a beautiful fall arrangement of flowering cabbage, mums and marigolds. Dress it up with small, elegant gourds, squash and sprigs of berries.
Terracotta flowerpots in various sizes
Ribbon or raffia
Hearty fall plants (listed above)
Small gourds and squashes
Accents (pinecones, dried corncobs, artificial leaves, red berries)
- Line the flowerpots with burlap and fold over the top so you see a few centimetres of material
- Tie brightly coloured ribbon or raffia around the pot just above the edge of the burlap
- Plant hearty flowers or plants inside
- In a few of the pots, create a simple display of small gourds, squashes like acorn or butternut, and accent pieces
Turn a few pots on their sides and arrange items spilling out to mimic the unique look of a bountiful cornucopia.
Update Your House Numbers
If you’re looking to spruce up your front yard, highlighting your house numbers is an easy and fun way to do it. Here are some great ways to create personalized house numbers.
Set the scene for a lovely outdoor experience with these simple décor ideas! When you do, be sure to take a picture and post it on the P&G everyday Facebook page!