Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 7 hours
Serving size: 20
Toss a pork roast in the slow cooker with various spices and seasonings to create mouth watering, tender meat that falls apart upon the touch of a fork. Shred it and mix with sauce, then pile the mixture on a bun to make hearty, delicious pulled pork sandwiches.
50 mL (1/4 cup) molasses?
50 mL (1/4 cup) ketchup?
30 mL (2 tablespoons) cider vinegar?
15 mL (1 tablespoon) yellow mustard?
7 mL (1 1/2 teaspoons) Worcestershire sauce?
2 mL (1/2 teaspoon) salt?
2 mL (1/2 teaspoon) black pepper?
1 mL (1/4 teaspoon) hot sauce?
1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
30 mL (2 tablespoons) barbecue seasoning*
10 mL (2 teaspoons) chilli powder?
2 mL (1/2 teaspoon)?ground red pepper?
2 Kg (4 1/2 pound) boneless pork loin roast?
4 large cloves garlic, minced?
20 Kaiser rolls?
*Tip: Find barbecue seasoning in the spice section of your local grocery store.
- In medium bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients to make a sauce and set aside
- Place onion in the bottom of slow cooker pot
- In small bowl, combine barbecue seasoning, chilli powder and red?pepper
- Remove netting from roast and rub evenly with seasoning mixture
- Set the roast on top of onion in slow cooker and top with garlic
- Pour sauce over the roast
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8?hours or until roast is very tender
- Remove pork from slow cooker and set on a cutting board
- With 2 forks, shred it
- Skim fat from sauce, if?desired
- Return pork to the slow cooker and stir into the sauce
- Serve on rolls
- Store leftovers in the freezer for a quick weeknight meal option