Ever need an easy, healthy dinner to serve four, in a snap? Of course you do! We’ve got it. This five-ingredient all-star meal will feed you and your family (or your neighbours) – and everyone will finish feeling satisfied.
How can you have guilt with this much spinach? Don’t worry, it’s not too much. We’ve struck the balance of spinach to cheese for a taste that’s just right.
When you’re looking for that last-minute dinner idea – or a meal you can reheat the next day – put this simple pasta dish on your list.
Simple Parmesan Spinach Pasta
135 grams (8 ounces) uncooked pasta (we like capellini)
1,125-1,350 grams (5-6 cups) packed baby spinach
125 (1/2 cup) Parmesan cheese, grated
45 mL (3 tablespoons) butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, cook pasta in boiling (salted) water until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Set the pasta aside
Tip: Try whole wheat pasta for a healthier choice
- Melt the butter over medium heat (in the same pot). Add the garlic; cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add the spinach and pasta. Mix well and cook until the spinach leaves are wilted Slowly add in about 75 mL (1/3 cup) of the reserved pasta water to keep the pasta moist
- Stir in 50 mL (1/4 cup) of the Parmesan cheese and combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste
- Garnish with the remaining Parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy!