By: Jackie Bruchez
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
Serving size: 24
Difficulty: Very Easy
500 millilitres (2 cups) creamy peanut butter
50 mL (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 millilitres (1/4 teaspoon) salt
2 millilitres (1/2 teaspoon) vanilla extract
625 millilitres (2 1/2 cups) confectioner’s sugar
500 millilitres (2 cups) semisweet chocolate chips
60 millilitres (4 tablespoons) shortening
24 sturdy, foil mini cupcake liners
- In a large bowl, mix peanut butter, butter, salt, vanilla and confectioner’s sugar until well combined. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate and shortening in the microwave for 1 minute. Remove from microwave and stir. Return bowl to microwave for 30 seconds. Remove and stir.
- Pour chocolate into each liner about 1/3 full. Allow it to cool for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon of peanut butter filling to the middle of each cup. Fill the rest of the cup with the remaining chocolate.
- Refrigerate the peanut butter cups for 1 hour before serving.
Jackie is a wife and mother of three living in Solana Beach, Calif. She is the author of the food blog The Seaside Baker, which focuses on delicious baked desserts and the occasional savory dish. She loves to travel and is currently working on a cookbook featuring West Coast farmers and cuisine.