Prep time: 15 minutes
Chill time: 2 hours
Difficulty: Very Easy
Ice cream in desired flavours
Bowl (one for each ice cream flavour)
Small paper cups
Wooden craft sticks
- Soften ice cream in bowl
- Add a spoonful of ice cream to bottom of paper cup, then tap it on counter so it settles evenly*
- Alternate fillings with ice cream and crushed cookies/candies, ending with an ice cream layer that reaches the top of cup
- Add sprinkles**
- Push craft stick 3/4 of the way into the centre of ice cream
- Set finished pop on a plate, tray or muffin tin and place in freezer***
- Chill for 2 hours (or until set)
- Cut small notch at top of cup, and tear it away while holding the stick
*Tip: Each layered pop will need 50 mL (1/4 cup) of ice cream and a few tablespoons of fillings.
**Tip: Add crumbly layers, like sprinkles or nuts, next to sticky layers like caramel so the frozen ice cream pop will stay together.
***Tip: If you are working with a variety of ice cream concoctions, label the flavour on the side of each cup before freezing.
- Banana Split: Layer strawberry ice cream with banana slices, vanilla cookies, caramel sauce and add a maraschino cherry to the top before serving
- Cookies and Cream: Layer vanilla ice cream with crumbled cookies and fudge sauce
- S’mores: Layer chocolate ice cream with mini marshmallows, fudge sauce and crushed graham crackers
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup: Layer chocolate or vanilla ice cream with peanut butter, chopped peanuts, chopped peanut butter cups and fudge sauce
- Fruit Crunch: Layer strawberry ice cream with sliced berries and granola
- Chocolate Chip Cookies: Layer vanilla ice cream with crumbled chocolate chip cookies and mini candy-coated chocolate candies
Do you have any fun ways to serve ice cream? Register for P&G everyday or log in to let us know in the comments section below!