By: Ana Kamin
These super easy, homemade egg sandwiches are perfect for brunch with friends, breakfast for two or even as quick breakfast on the go. The classic combination of cheese, Canadian bacon and egg on a soft roll will please everybody, and the best thing is you don’t have to buy any fancy ingredients to have these delicious breakfast bites.
The Perfectly Round Egg
There are two methods to achieve the perfectly round egg. If you’re making only 2-4 sandwiches, use a ring mould. You can also remove the top and bottom of a tuna can and use that to form your egg.
Tip: For more than 4 eggs, use a muffin pan. Just grease the muffin pan, crack the eggs into the moulds, break the egg yolk with a fork and bake for 20-30 minutes on 190 C (375 F).
English Muffin Egg Sandwiches
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
4 English muffins
4 slices Canadian bacon
4 slices American cheese
Oil to coat the pan
Salt and pepper to taste
Ring mould with a size of the English muffin
- With the ring mould cut out, make round cheese slices and set aside on the plate
- Grease a pan with vegetable oil and place over medium heat
- Grease the ring mould. Once pan is hot, place the ring mould in the pan
- Crack the egg into the centre of the ring mould, break the egg yolk using a toothpick or fork, cover with the lid and fry for about 4-5 minutes
- While egg is frying, toast the muffins. Place them on a plate and immediately put the cheese on one half of the muffins. This will melt the cheese a little bit
- When the egg is done, take it from the pan, place it on a cutting board and free the egg edges from the ring mould by using a knife
- Proceed the same way with the three remaining eggs
- When eggs are done, put the bacon into the pan for about a minute
- Place the egg on top of the cheese, add salt and pepper to taste, and then top it with the bacon and the remaining muffin halves
Tip: Give it a twist by switching the traditional American cheese for cheddar or Havarti, whatever you like. Or you can add a spread like mayonnaise, cream cheese or butter for more softness.