Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Serving size: 6
By: Amanda Formaro
- 455 grams (1 pound) fresh green beans
- 6 strips of bacon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 15 millilitres (1 tablespoon) olive oil
- Black pepper
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 200 C (400 F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Boil beans gently for 6-8 minutes or steam in microwave for 3-5 minutes. Drain and dry, set aside.
- Cook bacon in skillet over medium heat until cooked through, but not crisp. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels. Reserve 1 teaspoon of bacon fat.
- Sauté garlic in bacon fat until tender, set aside.
- Place beans in large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Toss with garlic, salt and pepper.
- Lay a strip of bacon on baking sheet and place 5-8 beans on top. Wrap bacon around beans. Repeat until out of beans.
- Bake bundles for 12-14 minutes, or until bacon is crispy.
Amanda is a mother of four, craft designer and recipe developer who also runs several sites, including Crafts by Amanda, Cooking with Amanda and the Secret Recipe Club. Her work has appeared on SheKnows.com and Family.com as well as in Parents, Redbook and Mixing Bowl magazines among others.