Devilled eggs are a classic crowd-pleaser – not to mention they’re easy to whip up in no time! Try our classic recipe and then take them to the next level with 13 unexpected topping ideas.
Devilled Egg Recipe
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
10 large eggs
120 mL (1/2 cup) mayonnaise
15 mL (1 tablespoon) Dijon mustard
60 mL (1/4 cup) green onions, finely diced
1 mL (1/4 teaspoon) hot sauce
1 mL (1/4 teaspoon) ground pepper
1 mL (1/4 teaspoon) kosher salt
- Fill a medium saucepan halfway with cold water. Gently add eggs and heat on medium until water comes to a rolling boil
- Once boiling, remove from heat, cover and let sit for 15 minutes
- Carefully remove eggs from pan and run under cold water until cool enough to peel shell. Place on Bounty paper towel and pat dry
- Once peeled, cut eggs in half, remove egg yolks and place in bowl. Place egg whites on serving dish
- Add mayonnaise, mustard, green onions, hot sauce, salt and pepper to the egg yolks. Whisk everything together until smooth
- Spoon yolk mixture mounds onto egg whites
- Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 8 hours before serving
13 Unique Topping Ideas ?
After spooning the yolk mounds onto your egg whites, go wild with toppings!
- Blue or feta cheese
- Dill or rosemary
- Sriracha hot sauce
- Crushed potato chips (sour cream & onion or BBQ)
- Green or black olives
- Pickled onion
- Cherry tomatoes
- Smoked salmon
- Shredded chicken
- Diced ham
Do you have other tasty topping ideas for devilled eggs? Share yours in the comments section below!