Fresh air, clean roads and a sparkling, spotless home of your own! Can it get any better?
Your home is the first brick to building your future in Canada. Congratulations!
But keeping your home sparkling clean here is no simple feat. To make things tougher, the cleaning tools you find in the stores probably aren’t the ones you’re used to.
Everywhere you turn you are confronted with new questions. How do you steam mop? What do you scrub bathroom tiles with? Should you use a liquid detergent to wash clothes or powder? What do you do with a laundry room? How do you know the temperature settings for different clothes in the washing machine? How can you wash dishes endlessly without drying out your hands?
Allow us to introduce you to our brand line-up here, designed exclusively to make your Canadian life easier.
P&G Brands in Canada
P&G empowers Canadians with a wide range of home essentials, many of which are not available elsewhere. See how each of these takes your life further.
- Tide laundry detergent: Tide in Canada is more popular in a liquid formulation, unlike Tide in South Asia where it was available as a detergent powder and soap bar.
Tide laundry detergent powder is cheaper. Tide liquid detergent is tough on stains but gentle on clothes, which is ideal for machine washing here. Tide Plus Ultra Stain Release is perfect for a stronger wash and comes with a Zap!Cap — a cap with scrubbing bristles to tackle tougher stains.
- Bounce dryer sheets: Regular machine washing can leave your clothes dry and stiff. You can soften your linen, control static (a common problem, especially in the cold, dry winter months, with woollen and synthetic fabrics) and repel pet hair or lint with Bounce. Toss in a Bounce Dryer sheet with the damp clothes in the dryer right after they are washed. Your towels and bed sheets come out dry with a soft feel and refreshing fragrance. (There’s also a fragrance-free option if you prefer.)
- Dawn: This powerful dishwashing liquid removes tough stains, grease and odours without drying out your fingers. Scrub out stubborn stains and burnt messes from pressure cooker edges, pot and pans with Ultra Dawn that’s tougher on grease.
- Cascade: Your new home may have come with a dishwashing machine, or you may well be planning on buying one. Together with Cascade dishwasher detergent, your dishwasher could become a handy helper – making it possible for you to have spotless, clean dishes without the effort of scrupulously washing each one yourself.
Cascade ActionPacs Destinations Scents leave your dishes sparkling and fragrant with exotic scents. Cascade Platinum cleans your dishwasher at the same time it cleans your dishes.
Tip: Don’t use hand soap or regular dish soap in your dishwasher — your dishwasher could overflow with bubbles!
- Febreze: Eliminate tough odours from your home with Febreze. Febreze Fabric Refresher is a favourite for eliminating curry smells from clothing to upholstery. Febreze Air Effects refreshes rooms with a clean, fresh scent. Febreze Heavy Duty knocks out stronger smells in a range of delightful fragrances. There is also Febreze Allergen Reducer for those with more sensitive needs.
- Swiffer: Swiffer 360 Dusters trap dust and pick up allergens, too. It is designed to reach far corners, grooves and crevices with an extendable handle and rotating pivot head allowing thorough cleaning.
Swiffer Dusters Extender extends your reach by another 3 feet, for hard-to-reach spots, like the tops of ceiling fan blades. Try Swiffer once and you’ll be hooked.
- Bounty: Discard your damp, bacteria-infested kitchen rags and replace them with Bounty paper towels instead. For those who won’t stop cooking delicious meals, no-quit Bounty is a great help around the kitchen.
With twice the absorbency of other paper towels, Bounty stretches further, no matter how you use it. Select a size variant to mop up a chutney spill or drain freshly fried foods. Bounty keeps pace with you, cleaning up even the biggest messes!
These are just a few new essentials for cleaning your home. Most of these brands offer variants to suit different needs, so have fun exploring and experimenting to find something that works for you. There’s sure to be a few that are just right for you.