By: Liz Elliott
Protect ornaments and memories during the rest of the year with our simple DIY ornament storage bin. There’s no need to spend hard earned money on storage — save that for holiday gifts and use our ideas instead.
Holiday Ornament Organization & Storage
Plastic tub with lid
Hot glue gun
- Wrap each individual ornament in a layer of bubble wrap and then a layer of tissue paper
- Use a plastic tub with a tight lid to prevent the threat of any water damage, and create “levels” by laying cardboard down on the bottom of the container
- Gather some plastic cups and arrange them in the container row by row
- Glue each cup to the cardboard and once it has dried completely, place each ornament into its own individual cup with care
- Add another level of cardboard and cups, and continue to fill until bin is full
- Make sure to label each container with the contents to keep from having to rummage through multiple boxes each year
Tip: Depending on the size and shape of your bin, there might be extra room on the sides for other holiday decorations like tinsel or string lights.
Do you have any clever ways to organize holiday décor? Share your tips for holiday storage in the comments below!
Liz Elliot is the co-founder of Craftbaby.com with her pal Candie. Whether it's painting office walls pink (home décor), chasing after a messy toddler (parenting), creating knock-offs because we're too cheap (DIY), or cooking without wheat so we don't get puffy (recipes) — we'll share it with you on our blog. Come connect with us!