Mornings can be anything but calm, especially on the weekdays. Sometimes there are only a few precious moments you can spend on yourself. That’s why spending a lot of time on a hairstyle is not happening. We get it.
Ponytails? Now those are totally doable! They’re a classic go-to ‘do that’s swept up and out of the way. But here we’ve literally taken a twist on your standard, slicked-back ponytail. This simple, super fast ponytail-meets-twisted braid is really easy to pull off in just a few minutes, and you’ll look ready to tackle anything and everything.
What You’ll Need
Two hair ties
Pantene ProV Stylers Hairspray (optional)
- Pull your hair back into a standard ponytail – it doesn’t matter if it’s high, low, in the middle or to the side, but we recommend the height that gives you the longest ponytail to work with. Secure your pony with a hair tie
- Take a small section of hair from the underside of your ponytail. Twist the section and then wrap it around your hair tie and secure with a bobby pin
- Split your ponytail into two equal sections. Begin twisting each section
- As you twist, wrap the right section over the left section and continue with this braiding motion until you reach the end of your ponytail
- Secure the end of the ponytail
Tip: For a fuller look, gently tug on the twisted section to loosen it up a bit. We love an undone look, but if you want something more sleek, smooth away flyaways with hair spray.