By: Sarah James
A full, bouncy head of hair is only six simple steps away. Let me show you!
- First you need to invest in a shampoo and conditioner to pump up the volume. Try Pantene Pro-V Volume Shampoo and Conditioner. After washing your hair, towel dry the excess moisture out.
- Apply volumizing mousse to towel-dried hair. We recommend Pantene Triple Action Mousse.
Don’t be afraid to work the mousse into all of your hair. Make sure it touches the roots for that added lift we all love.
- Flip your entire head of hair over and blow dry upside down until it’s almost dry. I prefer to shake my hair around with my hands for a bit, and then use a paddle brush to smooth out the cuticle without losing any volume.
- When barely damp, flip your hair back over, smooth out with a brush and add a little more lift to the crown with a round brush. Wrap your hair around the brush and pull up and away from your scalp while blow drying. Give the hair one more blast at the roots with the hair dryer (you can go back to upside down for this).
- If you want to take volume the max, back-comb the hair at the crown for a mega lift.
- Finish off your look with a hairspray such as Pantene Volume 24 Hour Hairspray to lock in your amazing volume. Just a spritz or two will do, as too much hairspray will add weight and make your hair look limp.
Do you have any tricks for long-lasting volume? Let us know in the comments below!
Sarah can be found contributing her musings on style, beauty and parenting at her personal blog, Whoorl, as well as the popular beauty website Hair Thursday. Her blogs have been featured on “The Rachael Ray Show,” ABC’s “Nightline ” and in The New York Times.