Spring is the perfect time to switch things up and try something new! Why not start with your hair – or, better yet, your daughter’s hair? Scroll down to see 5 must-try springtime hairstyles for you and your daughter.
1. Spring Twist
Optional: Decorative flowers
- Secure a 2 1/2 centimetre (1-inch) section of hair above your left ear and twist it around your finger. Create a twisted mini bun at the back of your head and secure it with a bobby pin
- Repeat step 1 just on the right side
- Continue alternating steps 1 and 2, remembering to try and keep the twists at 2 1/2 centimetre (1-inch) thick
- Pin the last twists at the nape of your neck
Tip: If you have bangs, you can leave them down or pin them loosely to the side.
2. Half-up Crown Braid
2 small hair bands
- Grab a 1 1/2 centimetre (1/2-inch) section of hair on one side of your head above the ear. Divide this section into thirds and style a braid
- Turn the braid around the back of your head and hold the end in place with a hair band
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 on the opposite side of your head. Hold the end of the second braid with a hair band
- Loop the first braid around the back of your head and secure it with bobby pins
- Cross the second braid over the first and tuck the end behind the first braid. Hold in place with bobby pins
3. Low-wrapped Ponytail
1 hair band
Pantene Airspray Flexible Hold Hairspray
- Create a standard ponytail at the base of your neck
- Create loose curls by wrapping 4 centimetre (1 1/2-inch) sections of hair around a closed curling iron
- Break apart the curls by loosening them with your fingers. This will also add some volume and texture
- Use Pantene Airspray Flexible Hold Hairspray to keep the messy look in place
Tip: Add small flowers to your hair to really bring a touch of the season to your style!
4. The Bow Bun
1 hair band
- Brush out hair, making sure it’s completely tangle-free
Tip: You can use Aussie Kids Bloomin’ Apple Detangler to make this process easier!
- Pull the majority of hair into a high looped bun at the crown of the head, leaving out a tail of excess hair at the back of the head
- Separate and spread the looped bun in half, being sure to evenly smooth out hair as you gently pull the two sides away from one another
- Pull the excess hair at the back of the head forward, up and over the middle of the two-sided bun, forming the middle of the “bow.” Secure with a bobby pin
- Secure the rest of the “bow” with bobby pins at the bottom of each end
5. Pigtail Braid Crown
2 hair bands
Optional: Decorative bows
- Brush out hair completely, then evenly part down the middle and separate into two equal parts
- Form two basic pigtail braids on either side, secure ends with a hair band
- Cross pigtail braids at back of head, one on top of the other
- Secure with bobby pins and add decorative bows, if desired
Spring into Style with Pantene
Protect your hair all season long with Pantene’s collection of quality products – from hairsprays and gels to dry shampoos and serums. Because strong hair is beautiful hair!