Spring is the perfect time to switch things up and try something new! Why not start with your hair? This spring’s hair trends are easy, attainable and will add some extra zing to any ensemble! Here is a rundown of the top three must-try hairstyles for spring.
1. Spring Twist
Casual and chic, this twisted updo is as easy as it is adorable. Plus, it’s perfect for straight or curly hair.
- Secure a 2 1/2-centimetre (1-inch) section of hair above your left ear and twist it around your finger. Create a twisted mini bun at the back of your head and secure it with a bobby pin
- Repeat step 1 just on the right side
- Continue alternating steps 1 and 2, remembering to try and keep the twists at 2 1/2 centimetres (1-inch) thick
- Pin the last twists at the nape of your neck
Tip: If you have bangs, you can leave them loose or pin them loosely to the side.
2. Half-up Crown Braid
Whether you have curly or straight hair, this is the perfect no-fuss style for the spring. See how to master it in five easy steps.
2 small hair bands
- Grab a 1 1/2-cenitmetre (1/2-inch) section of hair on one side of your head above the ear. Divide this section into thirds and style a braid
- Turn the braid around the back of your head and hold the end in place with a hair band
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 on the opposite side of your head. Hold the end of the second braid with a hair band
- Loop the first braid around the back of your head and secure it with bobby pins
- Cross the second braid over the first and tuck the end behind the first braid. Hold in place with bobby pins
3. Low-wrapped Ponytail
This oh-so-easy look takes little effort but lets you reap the rewards! Get the look in 4 easy steps.
1 hair band
Aussie Mega Hairspray
- Create a standard ponytail at the base of your neck
- Create loose curls by wrapping 4-centimetre (1 1/2-inch) sections of hair around a closed curling iron
- Break apart the curls by fussing with it with your fingers. This adds texture as well — try for a messy look
- Use Aussie Mega Hairspray to keep the messy look in place
Tip: Add small flowers to your hair to really bring a touch of the season to your style!
Which one of these effortless spring styles will you try?